Fall Maternity Fashion: 18 weeks

Thursday, October 6, 2016

I started doing some Pre-natal yoga/ stretches this week to keep my muscles loose and hopefully prevent back pain. It's also really helpful to practice calming breathing techniques for labour. As you probably know, YouTube is filled with every kind of video you could imagine, so after the yoga video, the suggested videos that came up were live birth videos! I followed my curiousity and watched two mid-wife assisted water births. Let me tell you, if you have never seen a birth, it brings out all kinds of emotions (especially if you're pregnant)! I was crying the whole time, not out of fear, but more just emotions about this baby growing inside of me, and how amazing our bodies are that we can create and give birth to another human being.


How far along: 18 weeks - I am officially 4 months today!
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a sweet potato


What am I wearing: Maternity clothes? Still wearing my regular clothes, but am slowly packing away clothes that I can no longer fit into anymore. I have only bought a couple of maternity pieces since I got pregnant, but have purchased a couple of long (non-maternity) knit shirts like this one that I can hopefully wear for a while.
Tip: When buying basics like a white tee, look for non-maternity options that you can where throughout your whole pregnancy.


How do I feel: Symptoms? I have been feeling really good the past week and thankful to have more energy to get things done, but I do notice that I get tired more easily. I had a busy day at work last Friday, and was on my feet most of the day. Our day wrapped up early, so when I got home I thought I'd just lay on my bed and unwind a bit, but ended up falling asleep. When I woke up and looked at the clock I realized I had slept for 2 hours! (and I was still able to go to bed at my usual 9:30pm) 
Other symptoms: Itchy skin (belly and breasts), so I have started to use a coconut /shea butter to hopefully prevent stretch marks! Round ligament pain in my lower abdomen due to stretching muscles. 


Cravings: No cravings really, but definitely am totally turned off from hamburgers since I got pregnant.
Movement: My mom always says it feels like little flutters or butterflies in your stomach, and last night I fell asleep to the ever so slight butterflies moving around in my belly.
Sleep: Still getting lots of sleep but have noticed myself moving around a lot more to make sure I am not sleeping on my stomach. "They" say the best position after 4 months is on your left side to help with bloodflow, so I have subconsciously been trying to stay on my left side.

Outfit details:
Crocheted cardigan: Forever 21 | Long sleeve tee: Old Navy | Leggings: Aerie | Boots: Winners

Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 6, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Thanks for your comment, I love getting your feedback!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All images are property of Little Red Purse unless referenced otherwise. Powered by Blogger.