Tips for packing for a 3 day trip to India
1. Check the seasonal temperatures of the region you will be visiting. The Northern Mountains vs. Mumbai will make a huge difference in what you will need to pack.
2. Wear things that are light and comfortable.
Pack items that are easy to throw in a suitcase and you don't have to worry about it getting wrinkled.
3. I've heard different people's opinion on wearing sandals vs. closed toe shoes, but unless you are going through the slums where there could be hazardous waste on the streets, sandals are fine. Pick a versatile (and comfortable) sandal that you can wear day to night.
4. Be considerate of the culture and keep your shoulders and knees covered. Shorts are fine but wear them at a decent length.
5. Bring a small cross body bag for day trips to prevent theft, so you aren't carrying around all of your valuables with you. Backpacks are not recommended unless worn at the front.
Are you planning a trip to India?
I'd love to hear about your plans. I hope these packing tips helped.